Welcome To Caring Hands Ministry
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we have suspended our volunteers visiting with residents of assisted living centers.
Current Products We Can Provide
Memory Books can be filled with photos of family, friends, memorable events, and significant places. We order the books and send them to your loved one free of charge.Try it now
Memory Cards can be ordered online. Include a photo and a description. We then create the card and send to your loved one free of charge.Try it now
We can create custom-built web-based or mobile apps for use in the care of your loved ones with dementia and free of charge. Apps can help with medications, documenting vitals sign or daily tasks, assistance with memory, or any idea you may have. Find out more
To create an environment of compassion and assist those in need to stay mentally active.
Focus: Residents of assisted living centers with dementia
and other debilitating chronic medical illnesses.
Plan: Providing goods and services that help the loneliness many people
with dementia can feel.
Please consider visiting our Donation Page
to help us with covering the cost of creating our Memory Books.
Our Activities Include:
- design and build custom apps to help with memory retention and keeping track of important information.
- creating Memory Books based on resident’s past history(hometown, family, work career, military career, hobbies) and our NEW Memory Cards
- friendly conversation
- reading of favorite books
- bible reading and prayer
- calming presence
Visit our Blog
for current news on dementia research, treatment, and prevention.
- 18 percent of seniors live alone, while 43 percent report feeling lonely on a regular basis, according to a study conducted by researchers from the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).
- Lonely seniors are more likely to decline and die faster. The aforementioned UCSF study also found that people 60-years-old and older who reported feeling lonely saw a 45 percent increase in their risk for death. Isolated elders also had a 59 percent greater risk of mental and physical decline than their more social counterparts.
- Strategies to defeat loneliness include asking the senior to express themselves and listening, using their interests to engage them in activities, allowing the senior to “teach” as a form of bonding, involving the younger generations in fostering relationships and finally even the smallest gesture such a card, favorite food or phone call can go a long way to making a senior feel loved and connected.
Caring Hands Ministry is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. EIN 37-1848477. Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.